Since Zarafa is no longer integrated in Zentyal our customer wanted to move away from Zarafa to the default Zentyal Mail. The catch was that both lived on the same host.
Togheter with Zentyal support we came to this idea:
- create a backup user for each Zentyal user
- disable Zarafa on port 993, only listen to 143
- disable Mail on port 143, only listen on port 993
- sync mail for each Zarafa user from Zarafa on port 143 to the backup user on Mail port 993
- sync mail for each backup user from Mail port 993 to its original user on Mail port 993
This is a work in progress. We will inform you about the outcome later this month.